At UShareSoft, privacy is paramount. We are committed to maintaining the trust and confidence of visitors to our web site and users of our UForge platform. So here is where we stand: Access, use and preservation of personal information by UShareSoft should only occur as a means to make your experience with UShareSoft better.
This statement describes UShareSoft’s practices and provides information about the choices you have.
Any Questions ? Email us directly: contact [at] usharesoft [dot] com
Does UShareSoft collect any personal information ?
UShareSoft collects personal information (any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person) when:
- you create an user account on https://uforge.usharesoft.com
- you request information or material, for example, through opting-in to receive our email communications
- you submit questions or comments to us via our blog, contact form and email addresses listed at: https://www.usharesoft.com/contact
- you contact us through our social media accounts including Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn
This personal information is often limited to your email address only, but may also include your name, company, position, telephone number and postal address.
UShareSoft uses this personal information to provide you with information related to your UForge user account; to better understand your needs and interests; and to improve our service and personalize communications.
We process your personal data lawfully based on:
- Your consent when you op to receive email communications from us; and/or
- Your consent when you sign up for a UForge user account. We require only your email address at sign up, which is necessary to provide you with UForge services correctly.
Web site: The UShareSoft web site uses the following first- and third-party cookies:
- Cookie preferences (cookie_notice): This cookie is used to store a user’s choice about cookies on www.usharesoft.com
- Google (ga, gat, gid): These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our website and WordPress blog. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the website and blog, where visitors have come to the website from and the pages they visited.
- Google (nid): Contains a unique ID Google uses to remember your preferences and other information, such as your preferred language (e.g. English), how many search results you wish to have shown per page (e.g. 10 or 20) etc.
- YouTube (PREF, VSC, VISITOR_INFO1_LIV): We embed videos from our official YouTube channel using YouTube’s privacy-enhanced mode. This mode may set cookies on your computer once you click on the YouTube video player, but YouTube will not store personally-identifiable cookie information for playbacks of embedded videos using the privacy-enhanced mode.
UForge platform: The UForge platform uses the following first party cookies:
- Session cookies: JSESSIONID for authentication, PORTAL_LOCALE to track the correct language to use in UForge, and a further cookie for authentication for Oracle Cloud.
- Persistent cookies (only if you check the “Remember Me” box): rememberFlag, user name and password which are stored in an encrypted format for two months
Will any of my personal information be shared with third parties?
Your privacy is our top concern. We work hard to earn your trust, so we adhere to the following principles:
- We do not rent or sell your personal identifiable information to third parties
- We do not share your contact information with another user without your prior consent
Any personal identifiable information you provide will be secured with industry standard protocols and technology.
We use a third-party provider, Hootsuite, to manage our Twitter interactions. If you send us a private or direct message via social media the message will be stored by Hootsuite for three months. It will not be shared with any other organisations. Additionally, if you contact us directly via Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn or other social media sites, the message may be stored by the site in question.
Can I access my personal information?
Under GDPR, users have the right to access, amend or delete the personal information that we hold. Email your request to gdpr [at] usharesoft [dot] com and we will respond to you directly.
What about the software I upload to UForge?
The software you upload is preserved in a private space that only you can access. You are the only one who can decide on its redistribution, furthermore except for the right to reproduce this software on the UForge platform, no transfer of ownership to UShareSoft occurs from uploading your software to our platform.
What about UShareSoft’s Blog?
If you post on UShareSoft’s blog, you should be aware that any personally identifiable information you choose to provide can be read, collected, or used by other users, and could be used to send unsolicited messages. UShareSoft is not responsible for the personally identifiable information you choose to submit.
Please remember that the “messages” you post on blogs are your responsibility. Users are expected to communicate in a professional manner. Unprofessional, disrespectful or threatening communication may result in the suspension of your account. Obscene, racist, sexually explicit or defaming language will not be tolerated, and will be removed without prior notice. You may not use the blog to post a message that infringes copyright, trademark, patent, or other intellectual property law. Posting articles without prior written permission from the copyright holder are prohibited.
Although we value individual ideas and encourage free expression, UShareSoft will regularly screen messages after they are posted, and reserves the right to take necessary action to preserve the forum and blog’s integrity.