Full Application Automation Platform for Fast IT with No Cloud Lock In
Grenoble, France, Oct. 17, 2017 – UShareSoft, a Fujitsu company and leader in Hybrid IT application automation, today announced the latest release of UForge AppCenter, including new features to enhance governance in DevOps and expand application portability across clouds including the Fujitsu Cloud Service K5, a key component of Digital Business Platform MetaArc. UShareSoft helps enterprises with their digital transformation by automating and accelerating application delivery with unique “application as code” to increase IT agility and innovation, without sacrificing governance and control.
“The new release of UForge AppCenter offers real gains in application automation, enhancing enterprise DevOps processes with fine-grained software governance. Broader container and cloud support than ever before, including Docker and Fujitsu Cloud Service K5, complements private and public cloud infrastructures and avoids cloud lock in or out,” said Alban Richard, CEO, UShareSoft.
Bringing Governance and Control to Docker and DevOps
UForge AppCenter uses unique software modeling techniques to build transparent, cloud-neutral application templates and images, ready for deployment into any infrastructure. New features include:
- Support for Docker, giving enterprises full visibility into their Docker images to increase governance and control while reducing the potential for security issues
- Publish to Docker Hub, letting users share software with co-workers as part of enterprise DevOps processes, with customers or with the Docker community at large
- DevOps integration with revision control platforms, such as Git or SVN, so enterprises can incorporate application templates into existing version control processes for improved governance
Enhancing Windows Migration to Cloud
The new release also improves automated Windows application migration to cloud. UForge AppCenter already scans live Windows servers then replicates quickly to a new cloud environment. Now customers can also:
- “Scan to template”: customers can rediscover live servers and audit their content by importing scans as new application templates for full software governance, automated re-platforming and easy life-cycle management.
- “Scan to golden image”: customers can automatically build new golden images from live Windows servers, encapsulate existing intellectual property in a re-usable, repeatable format which can be shared with other users
UForge AppCenter 3.7.7 now supports Windows 2016, 2012 and 2008 migration, in addition to existing Linux migration capabilities.
Supporting More Clouds Than Ever
With cloud-neutral “application as code” templating, UForge AppCenter provides native Hybrid IT support, enabling users to deliver applications to over 25 clouds and hypervisors, ensuring no lock in to any one cloud or vendor. The 3.7.7 release provides broader cloud support than ever, including:
- Fujitsu Cloud Service K5 so customers can automatically build and import applications into Fujitsu Cloud Service K5 in the US, UK, Germany, Finland and Spain regions
- Additional Amazon AWS regions (Ohio, Mumbai, London and Canada)
UForge AppCenter 3.7.7 is available in EMEA and the Americas.
About UForge AppCenter
Supporting organizations’ digital transformation, UForge AppCenter helps enterprises increase IT agility and avoid cloud lock in, automating application build, migration and governance for any cloud or datacenter. UForge AppCenter lets customers easily:
- Migrate applications automatically between environments
- Onboard applications to any container, cloud or data center
- Allow Dev and Ops to collaborate on application delivery
- Ensure full governance over enterprise applications
A global leader in Hybrid IT application automation, UShareSoft helps enterprises with their digital transformation by simplifying and accelerating application delivery to data centers and cloud. Headquartered in France, UShareSoft has been a member of the Fujitsu Group since 2015. Visit: www.usharesoft.com. Follow: twitter.com/usharesoft
Gillian Gover | gillian [DOT] gover [AT] usharesoft [DOT] com